Save Our River Estuaries (SORE)
The goal of SORE is to raise public awareness about environmental and politcal issues
relating to the recent proposal to extract water from the Albion and Gualala Rivers
by a multinational consortium, and to bring our concerns to the state and federal agencies
California Water Laws
US Environmental Protection Agency
Other US Agencies
Water export & related issues
World Water & partners
Re: Ric Davidge
Other commercial water export companies
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
Alaska Daily News
San Diego Union Tribune
San Francisco Chronicle
Santa Rosa Press Democrat
Ukiah Daily Journal
Independent Coast Observer
- 1/18/02 ICO p1 article "Alaskan firm targets water from Gualala, Albion Rivers"
- 1/25/02 ICO p3 article "Multinationals want Gualala River water"
- 1/25/02 ICO p4 editorial "Water to go"
- 2/01/02 ICO p1 article "Water bag plan provokes intense reaction"
- 2/01/02 ICO p4 editorial "Water hearings"
- 2/01/02 ICO p4 letter Jim Jordan - about Davidge
- 2/08/02 ICO p3 article "Water mogul responds to Albion community"
- 2/08/02 ICO p4 open space "The globalization of water" - Ursula Jones
- 2/08/02 ICO p4 letter Alan Levine
- 2/08/02 ICO p8 letter Dr. Hillary Adams - Navarro watershed protection association
- 2/08/02 ICO p13 letter Jennifer Presnell - watershed stewards project
- 2/15/02 ICO p1 article "Colfax fights water bag export proposals"
- 2/15/02 ICO p4 open space "The process of water permits" - Peter Baye
- 2/15/02 ICO p4 letter Debra Brower - Mendo Coast Democratic Club
- 2/15/02 ICO p4 letter Ursula Jones -
- 2/15/02 ICO p4 letter Debby Howard -
- 2/15/02 ICO p6 letter Dr. Hillary Adams -- CA Coastal Commission
- 2/22/02 ICO p1 article "Water bag export opposition ratchets up"
- 2/22/02 ICO p2 article "Opportunities abound to learn about rivers"
- 2/22/02 ICO p9 article "Sediment documents for Garcia & Gualala Rivers are available"
- 2/22/02 ICO p12 article "Logging since 1860 shaped the Gualala River watershed"
- 2/22/02 ICO p5 letter Bob Curran - supporting water bags (!?)
- 2/22/02 ICO p5 letter Chuck Henderson - fantasy about terrorists poisoning water bags
- 2/22/02 ICO p13 letter John & Judy Garratt - Albion River Watershed Council
- 3/01/02 ICO p1 article "Reilly carries water bag resolution"
- 3/01/02 ICO p4 open space "Students and adults improve river" - Mary-Dee Bowers
- 3/01/02 ICO p7 article "Community prepares to meet Davidge"
US ACE - United States Army Corps of Engineers
US FWS - United States Fish & Wildlife Service
US EPA - United States Environmental Protection Agency
USGS - United States Geological Service
NMFS - National Marine Fisheries Service
SWRCB - State Water Resources Control Board
NCRWQCB - North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board
CCC - California Coastal Commission
DFG - California Department of Fish & Game
CETOS - Center for Ethics and Toxics
NRDC - Natural Resources Defense Council
EPIC - Environmental Protection Information Center
ALJ - Abdul Latif Jameel Group (World Water partner)
NWS - Nordic Water Supply ASA (World Water partner)
NYK - Nippon Yusen Kaisha (World Water partner)
AWE - Alaska Water Exports (division of Arctic Ice & Water Exports, & World Water partner)
CEQA - California Environmental Quality Act
RHA - Rivers & Harbors Act of 1899 (section 10 covers estuaries)
NEPA - National Environmental Policy Act of 1969
CWA - Clean Water Act
ESA - Endangered Species Act
EIR - Environmental Impact Report
NAFTA - North American Free Trade Agreement
FTAA - Free Trade Agreement of the Americas
GATT - General Agreement on Tariffs & Trade
FRoG - Friends of the Garcia River
GRWC - Gualala River Watershed Council
ARWC - Albion River Watershed Council
AFY - acre feet per year
CSPA - California Sportsfishing Protection Alliance
(please send suggestions & corrections to):
last updated: 2002-03-02